Social media is changing. Marketers are extending many of their social media efforts into new areas of content in order to reach new consumers and customers. While video has always been a strong tactic, many businesses are discovering that innovative, short, engaging clips may provide a quick and easy way to implement video as a viable marketing strategy.
One of the most popular platforms for creating and posting these types of clips is one you may not be familiar with, Viddy. Viddy is a video-sharing app for iPads, iPhones and Android phones that allows users to post short videos of 15 seconds or less. Mashable, in an article earlier this year, described how the app has come to be known as “Instagram for videos” due to its ability to easily edit footage shot on smartphones with special effects, color filters and music soundtracks. The article pointed out that the app has simplified the process of sharing clips on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and blogs, and it gives users the option to send them via email, SMS or simply post them to a personal account page at Viddy’s website.
Just how popular is Viddy? Earlier this year it was reported that Viddy had over 26 million users and was valued at $200 million. Seeing this type of success, its easy to understand why brands are flocking to the app.
Here are twelve tips on how you can capitalize on Viddys slogan of “Capture Life in the Moment”, using the app to connect and engage with your audience.
1) Even though your video is only 15 seconds long, make sure it has a beginning a middle and an end. Use the opening to capture a viewers attention and interest.
2) Don’t forget a call to action at the end. What is it you want the viewer to do?
3) Think about what your audience wants or needs from you. Answer a question, or solve a problem.
4) Use titles and descriptions that capture a potential viewers interest. Nothing makes for a great 15 second video like an interesting title.
5) Make your videos memorable. If your videos are memorable they’re sharable.
6) As always, with any type of content, create content with purpose. Don’t create content just for the purpose of posting something.
7). Give something away – Customers love free stuff. Use Viddy to host contests, publicize giveaways and inform users and their friends about them. Creating awareness about a promotion through video may get you more attention than other, more traditional methods.
8) Testimonials – What could be easier. Give your customers their 15 seconds of fame.
9) Invite customers and consumers in. Some of the best quality content for videos exists right in your own office or workplace. Take your audience behind the scenes and let them see how your business operates from the inside. Showing personality is a great way to entice more visitors and create new social relationships. What does “a day in the life” look like for people working for your business.
10) Teaser Video – Use Viddy to tease something bigger. Movie trailers are a great example of this strategy.
11) Keep it relevant. Understand the demographic of Viddy’s audience is on the younger side and create content with that in mind.
12) Get started now. A 15-second time limit creates an interesting but easy challenge, a shortened elevator pitch of sorts where you can quickly share an insider’s tip on your company’s products or services to your customers and potential customers.
Have you used Viddy or are you planning to? Share some of your ideas and examples.