Facts. Facts. Facts.
There are enough restaurants in New York City for one person to eat out every night for 54 years and never visit the same place twice.
If WalMart employees were an army, it would have the second largest military in the world.
Do these facts help your social media strategy? Most likely not. You probably now know not to anger WalMart employees, and just booked a flight to New York City.
The facts below will razzle and dazzle your social media strategy.
- 40% of people spend more time socializing on social media than they do face-to-face. Tweet this!
- There are more devices connected to the Internet than there are people on earth. Tweet this!
- Visual data is processed 60,000 times faster by the brain than text. Tweet this!
- Facebook’s share of “total Internet minutes spent” grew to 15.8 percent over the past year. Tweet this!
- 78% of Facebook users are mobile-only. Tweet this!
- 30% of Americans get their news on Facebook. You know you want to tweet this!
- Facebook mentions of Beyoncé increased more than 1300% within hours of her surprise visual album release. Tweet this!
- While the average social shopper spends an average of $60 when coming from Facebook, she spends $140 when coming from Pinterest. Tweet this!
- Pinterest grabs 41% of the eCommerce traffic compared to Facebook’s 37%. Tweet this!
- 80% of total Pinterest’s pins are repins. Tweet this!
- Food is the top category of content on Pinterest with 57% of its user base sharing food-related content. Tweet this!
- Images with multiple dominant colors have 3.25 times more repins per image than images with a single dominant color. Tweet this!
- Garlic cheesy bread is the most repined pin on Pinterest. Tweet this!
- Images that contain less than 30% background are repinned the most. Tweet this!
- Red images get more repins than blue images on Pinterest. Tweet this!
- Over half of all mobile searches lead to a purchase. All your followers will love this one!
- Blogging increases web traffic by 55% for brands. Tweet this!
- An email that includes social sharing buttons drives click through rates by 158%. Tweet this!
- While Twitter and Facebook tend to drive purchases of products people are already considering, Pinterest is more likely to drive spontaneous purchases. Tweet this!
- If Twitter was a country, it’d be the 12th largest in the world. Tweet this!
- Only about half of the people who log in to Twitter once a month are actually taking the time to tweet. Be the other half that actually tweets something!
- The average time per month spent by users on Twitter is 170 minutes. Tweet this!
- The average time spent on LinkedIn per month is 17 minutes. Tweet this!
- 66% of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States. Tweet this!
- 91 of the Fortune 100 companies use LinkedIn for candidate searches. Tweet this!
- The most photographed brand on Instagram is Nike with over 19 million posts mentioning #Nike each month. Tweet this!
- The first ad on Instagram gained Michael Kors 229,000 likes. An increase of 540% when compared to the average likes of the brand’s previous photos. Michael Kors would tweet this!
- The brand with the “manliest” audience is Monster Energy with 78% men. Tweet this!
- The brand with the “most girly” audience is Urban Decay Cosmetics with 84% women. Tweet this!
- The Google+ platform has 67 percent male users. Tweet this!
- The +1 button is served more than 5 billion times per day across the web. Tweet this!
- YouTube was founded to share dinner clips of a party due to the files being too large for email. Tweet this!
- The most watched non-commercial video is Charlie Bit My Finger Again, with over 458 million views. It’s your last chance to tweet!
What would you list as number 34? Comment below or Tweet us!
This article “33 Captivating Statistics That Could Change Your Marketing Strategy” first appeared on Rocket Post
*This post is part of SteamFeed’s Corporate Syndication program. SteamFeed was compensated to re-publish this post.*